Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dough: Cranberry bread pudding


In all honesty, I've never made, or eaten bread pudding. So bread pudding lovers beware when making this recipe! However, I enjoyed consuming this concoction. It is sweet, cinnamony, and tart. I think a rum and/or citrus sauce would make this just divine.

Cranberry Bread Pudding
4 cups cubed 'Perfect White Bread'
2 cups soy milk
zest and juice of one lime
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup frozen cranberries
1/4 cup agave nectar

Preheat oven to 350. Combine milk, spices, berries, and agave. Pour over cubed bread in a loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before consuming.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! This is not even fair. I lost all my frozen cranberries in a power outage and will have to bookmark this recipe for when they come back into season. Looks delightful. I agree, a rum sauce would put it over the top.

    ReplyDelete