Friday, May 20, 2011

Drinking: Spicy Cucumber Margarita

A few weeks ago the power was off due to a wind storm - for almost four hours. After my Ipod died, I made this yummy, spicy drink. It is from "Spice and Ice - 60 Tongue-Tingling Cocktails" by Kara Newman. The recipes in this book all look very interesting but this is the first one that I have made. I like this book because the drinks are separated into the four seasons.

Due to copyright I won't be posting the exact directions but it is pretty simple. Just muddle cucumber and jalapenos in a shaker. Add tequila, triple sec and ice and shake it up.

This was a very interesting cocktail because of the cooling nature of cucumber against the backdrop of the spicy pepper. The proportions can be tailored to individual palates. I think that these ingredients have the potential to make an interesting white wine sangria.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for your comment on my blog...
    I hope you will try my chocolate mousse soon... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool drink idea! This sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun drink! I'd love to try a margarita with a spicy kick!

    ReplyDelete