Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Culinary Goals - 15 June to 1 Jul

1. Make crepes. I bought a crepe pan last summer but I have only made crepes two times!
2. Make Hasselback Potatoes. I've seen a lot of these on food blogs lately and they look so yummy. 
3. Visit an African grocery store. Buy Cassava flour. Make bread.
4. Use the vanilla beans I bought. I am waiting to find a perfect recipe that showcases the vanilla.
5. Use the liquid smoke I bought. I bought this because 'I have tons of recipes to make using this.' but when I got home 'What? What recipes? Where did they go!?'

Do you have summer food goals?

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of hasselback potatoes before, so I had to look it up. Now I want to make them too!

    Why not make creme anglaise for your crepes? #1 and #4 taken care of in one swoop :) I don't have much experience with liquid smoke, but I used to make a "barbecue sauce" mixing it with root beer, ketchup and molasses that was pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete