Monday, March 19, 2012

Cooking from VeganMoFo: Socca

Remember VeganMoFo? I made a list of some of my favorite MoFo posts and resolved to make some of them over the course of the year. That original post is here. I am already a little behind, having only made mashed plantains so far. However, I made some socca today.

These were mad easy and pretty tasty. I like having recipes for quick breads/flatbreads/biscuits that I can make to accompany the main dish. It makes me feel so accomplished as a cook - like I have a super power or something (which I do... shhh!).

Socca: original inspiration from here
1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup water
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin

Mix ingredients together. (Apparently this can be made ahead of time - like 2 hours ahead. I mixed and used within 20 minutes)
Preheat cast iron pan and oil generously. When the pan is hot add enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan and be about 5 mm thick. The edges will firm and change color. Flip when the firmness is almost to the center of the circle.
Flip. Cook other side for a few minutes.
Finished!

Apparently you can bake or broil these. Broiling scares the socks off of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment